Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Long Winter

Photobucket

Hi ya'll! I'm Alex Cropper and the beautiful lady at my side is my bride, Andrea. We moved to Riverblossom Hills after we ran away and got married. Ya see, my parents were poor, but very loving and her parents, well, they are very well off and were very angry when their only child married me. She says she doesn't care and our love can carry her through anything life throws at us. I figure we'll try our hands at farming and raising a couple kids. She still would like to become a Mad Scientist someday, but me, I just want to spend the rest of my days with her.

Photobucket

Well, here we are, arriving at our new spread. I guess we need to get started on building our house and getting some planting done.

Photobucket

Nothing like a good stretch and back rub before setting off for some hard work.

Photobucket

Well, we have a house, no windows, no siding, no finished interior walls and definitely no decorations. Some man was nice enough to drop off a housewarming gift of a new computer so my darling was able to find the career field of her dreams. (I just love kissing my wife, I can't get enough of holding and kissing her!)

Photobucket

Here I am starting my little garden. It won't be long and I'll have the farm of my dreams.

Photobucket

My chores are all caught up for the day and it's too cold to fish so I'll rest a bit and watch some TV while Andrea works on her career studies.

Photobucket

I worked in my little garden night.....


Photobucket

and day. Having wonderful produce was all I could think about...oh, that and my gardening badge.


Photobucket

The next day I earned my first badge for gardening. Sure, it's just Bronze, but it's a start!


Photobucket

We found more to do on these cold winter nights. Andrea had just got another promotion so she thought she could take the night off from studying.


Photobucket

While Andrea was at work the next evening, this odd-looking person walked right into my house while I was doing some studying of my own. She offered a membership to someplace called "Peerless Park." Something to do with my working with nature secured me this membership. Maybe I'll stop by there sometime when my chores are done for the day.


Photobucket

Oops! I guess I won't be going too far for awhile, but I am so happy! My dreams are all starting to come true.



2 comments:

ASimWen said...

Alright! How exciting! The greenhouse is started and the first little one is on the way! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Great start! This is the first blog of this challenge I've seen. Keep us posted!